Currency used in Belize
- Camping or dorm bed: BZ$10–40
- Double room in a budget hotel: BZ$50–100
- Street-food stalls or self-catering: BZ$3–10
- One-hour bus ride: BZ$5
- Double room with private bathroom: BZ$100–200
- Dinner and drinks at local restaurants: BZ$15–35
- Adventure and caving activities: BZ$65–200
- Taxis or golf-cart hire: BZ$20–80
Top end (more than)
- Luxury accommodations per double: from BZ$300
- Fancy restaurants in resort areas: BZ$30–50
- Transportation by rental car or organized shuttles: BZ$80–100
- Shopping, day spas, private tours: from BZ$100
ATMs are widely available; credit cards are accepted at most hotels, restaurants and shops.
Tipping is not obligatory but is always appreciated if guides, drivers or servers have provided you with genuinely good service. Some hotels and restaurants add an obligatory service charge to your check (usually 10%), in which case you definitely don't need to tip.
- Hotels Belizeans generally don't tip in hotels but baggage porters appreciate a small gratuity.
- Restaurants Rounding up the check by somewhere between 5% and 10% is usually a suitable tip.
- Taxis Tips are usually not expected.
- Tour Guides In high-volume areas, tour guides are used to receiving tips for good service
Cheap All Inclusive Vacations To Key West
Cheap Vacations to Cancun All Inclusive
cheap all inclusive vacations
Share this Post
Real Estate in Belize for rent
JUNE 06, 2023
Rents: Can landlord and tenant freely agree rents in Belize? Initial rents can be freely negotiated in Belize. However, the…Read More
Best places to Travel in Belize
JUNE 06, 2023
Photo by John Rawlinson/Flickr By Larry Waight Just this morning, I wrote an article entitled 10 coolest places to visit…Read More