Belize all Inclusive Resorts 5 star
On one side stretches the Caribbean Sea, the other, a calm lagoon and the Maya Mountains in the distance. Belize Ocean Club sits right between these two sights on the Placencia peninsula, which was named Mexico & Central America’s Leading Beach Destination by the World Travel Awards in 2015. The 4-star resort’s landscaped tropical gardens only add to the scenery. Here, an infinity pool—described as the second largest in Belize—looks out onto the ocean, which stretches along a well-groomed beach just steps from the resort’s luxury suites.
- Press accolades: The TripAdvisor 2015 Traveler’s Choice awards named Belize Ocean Club one of the top 10 hotels in Belize.
- Room with a view: Each suite is over 1, 100 square feet with a large living area and a private terrace that looks out over the Caribbean Sea or the Maya Mountains and Placencia Lagoon.
- All-inclusive perks: This getaway includes three meals and a snack each day, all local beverages, and a welcome drink upon arrival.
- Eat along the ocean: The Ocean Club Bar & Grill serves its food under thatched palapa roofs right along the beach.
- Other dining options include a beach bar, which has swim-up service, and Shore House Restaurant, which looks out on sunsets over the Maya Mountains.
- Feel like cooking yourself? Your suite has a full kitchen, which may be stocked upon request.
- Onsite gardens: The resort has onsite landscaped tropical gardens.
- Unwind with a cocoa-sugar body scrub at the onsite spa.
- Book a trip to go deep-sea fishing, diving, or snorkeling out in the coral reef.
- Explore: Belize Ocean Club offers tours of ancient Mayan temples, rainforest wildlife, and more.
Placencia, Belize: Remote Town Surrounded by Sandy Beaches
Just off the southeastern coast of Belize, the scenic Placencia Peninsula juts into the Caribbean Sea and runs parallel to the mainland for 16 miles. At its southernmost tip, you’ll find the namesake Placencia village, surrounded by pristine beaches, mangrove-filled lagoons, and tropical rainforests. You can explore the unspoiled land while hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, or kayaking—all popular pursuits here. Scuba divers flock to the area for renowned diving along the nearby Belize Barrier Reef, the second-largest barrier reef in the world. It spans 185 miles and brims with reef sharks, loggerhead turtles, and moray eel.
A day trip north to Dangriga, one of the largest towns in southern Belize, will immerse you in traditional creole, Mestizo, and Mayan culture. Dangriga is the birthplace of punta rock, a lively percussion-heavy musical style with a calypso influence. Ask around town about the few dance clubs where you might catch a live show, or at the very least a cold Belikin beer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Placencia Airport (PLJ) is 20 minutes from the property. There is a complimentary shuttle.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers either two or four guests, depending on which option you’ve purchased. Adding occupants above standard is $50 per night for each additional guest 17 or older; kids 16 or younger stay free. All-inclusive package is $140 per night for each additional guest 17 or older; $75 per night for each additional kid 6–16; kids 5 or younger stay free.